I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for a while. Its time to finally do it.
I woke up so early this morning and decided it was time to bake muffins. So I made blueberry, rasberry, lemony muffins, which were delicious. My roommate and I went out to the roof, to enjoy these delicious muffins.
They were seriously amazing. We didn’t put any of those jams on them because they were so flavorful. We came back inside and my roommate went back to sleep.
Then I realized that the reason I wanted to make muffins is because I wanted to use the zucchinis I got a farmers market last weeks. Oops. So I ended up making more muffins. I started using a recipe fromfannetasticfood for her Zesty Lemon Zucchini Muffins. Then I changed it a little, adding poppy seeds and flax seeds. My roommate woke up just in time for the next batch of muffins, which also turned out great!
And yes, mom, I’ll make these for you next time I’m home.
Ok, so this isn’t cooking. Its baking. I decided that if I’m going to start a blog, I should start with two things that both turned out delicious!
And of course, here are the recipes:
Blueberry, raspberry, lemony muffins
You could make these with any berry or other fruit that would bake well. I just love this combination. Adapted from cookieandkate.
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 .5 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or half whole wheat, half regular flour)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup rasberries
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with paper lines or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk butter, sugar and apple sauce until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, beat well. Add yogurt and zest.
- Add dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then add dry to wet. Mix fully.
- Add in blueberries. Then add in raspberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Healthy Zesty Lemon Poppy Muffins
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or half whole wheat, half white flour)
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1 C shredded zucchini
- 1/4 C skim milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.