I got busy, so I kind of got distracted from posting. I got a whole bunch of people asked where the blog disappeared to, including one very Seinfeld-esque conversation which included a lot of questions and a lot of repeating of the word ‘blog’ with the appropriate intonation. I decided it was time to restart the blog… That was 2 weeks ago. So now I’m motivating and restarting the blog.
I’ve actually made a few things in the last few weeks and taken pictures of them to so that I could put them on here.
Lets start simple and easy our way back into this blog posting. With a snack. Its delicious and remarkable easy. And easy to adapt to any taste.
Roasted chick peas. Garbanzo beans. Ceci bean. There are a lot of names.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse canned chick peas. Once they have been thoroughly rinsed, let them dry for a minute. You can, and probably should, also pat them with a towel to remove excess water. Water will prevent them from roasting.
3. Lay the chick peas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray.
4. Roast for 40 minutes or until crispy. (I prefer them slightly burnt.)
5. After they have cooked, add seasoning. You can go for spicy, savory, or sweet. This time I opted for sweet with a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of brown sugar, and a tiny bit of nutmeg.
6. Enjoy! They are best fresh out of the oven, otherwise they lose some of the crunchiness. But you can store them in an airtight container as well.
And there you have it. The return of the blog. Get ready for more coming in the next few days, including peanut butter filled chocolate cookies… which are in now way healthy but made a good birthday present for a friend.